Visit MonaLisa Touch
our vaginal reGENERation services.
Dr Allen was one of the first specialists in Australia to provide a state of the art non-invasive treatment for vaginal rejuvenation treating the symptons of dyspareunia, urinary incontinence, itchiness, burning, dryness, mild prolapse and laxity.
A five-minute, pain-free procedure that has no downtime and is suitable for most women of all ages suffering from the often embarrassing, painful or uncomfortable symptoms of vaginal atrophy is now available from Dr Rod Allen.
This remarkable advanced procedure provides patients with a noticeable improvement after just one treatment, however a course of three treatments a month apart is recommended. Patients return to their normal daily activities immediately following each treatment.
It is usually most beneficial and often life-changing for women who have had difficult births; have had radiation treatment in the pelvic region or who are in menopause.
Dr Allen uses MonaLisa Touchequipment which was introduced into Australia in January 2013. It had been used with great success overseas for a number of years.It is a low-risk procedure that provides longer-lasting improvements than HRT.
It can be used in conjunction with HRT, as an alternative treatment for patients who are not suitable for HRT or for those patients who have found HRT to be ineffective.
MonaLisa Touch works by stimulating the body’s own regenerative processes to create more hydrated and healthy cells and to improve the vascularity of the vaginal mucosa. This has a direct effect on the integrity and elasticity of the vaginal wall and increases the acidity of the vaginal environment to more normal levels. In general terms the procedure improves the function and health of the vagina.
To learn more watch the video below.
vaginal regeneration treatment pricing
*partially Medicare rebatable
You will require a referral from your GP as Dr Allen will do a full gynaecological check up to ensure this treatment is right for you.
email us your enquiry.
To find out how we can help you with the Mona Lisa Touch treatment or to make a booking drop us a line:
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
Here are some commonly asked questions answered.
- Are my medical records kept private and confidential? Your medical file is handled with the utmost respect for your privacy. Our staff are bound by strict confidentiality requirements as a condition of their employment. Dr Allen abides strictly by the Privacy Act.
- Do I need a referral from my GP before my appointment with Dr Allen? Yes.
- What should I expect during my first visit? Dr Allen will have an initial consultation with you to determine if you will benefit from this treatment. An examination would be required in most instances.
- What fees can I expect to be charged? If Dr Allen determines that your symptoms are treatable and you wish to proceed, the cost is $750 per treatment or $2000 for a series of 3 treatments. We are not a Bulk Billing practice and therefore require payment at the time of consultation.
- Will my health fund cover the fees? No, health funds don’t usually cover any doctor or specialists visit in their rooms – only for hospital/surgery admissions.
- Does this treatment hurt? No.
- Is there any down time? No, you can resume normal activities immediately. It is however recommended to refrain from sex for 5 days post treatment.
- How long will it take? The length of the initial consultation varies from person to person. The MonaLisa Touch Treatment takes about 5 minutes per treatment.
- How long will the benefits last? This varies from person to person, but usually after 3 treatments the beneficial affects last for 12 -18 months. Then possibly one top up treatment is required per year.
- What are your acceptable means of payment? You can pay via EFTPOS, Bank cheques, personal cheques, cash or credit cards (MasterCard, VISA or Amex).